Disc Degenerative Disease
Many things can cause back and neck pain, and one of them is degenerative disc disease. It occurs when the discs in the spine wear down over time. At Advanced Chiropractic in Klamath Falls, our chiropractors will conduct a thorough exam of your back to determine if you have disc degenerative disease. We also offer chiropractic care and other services to treat this condition and improve your quality of life.
What is Disc Degenerative Disease?
Degenerative disc disease (DDD) is a condition that can cause pain in your back or neck. The discs in your spine are cushions between the bones. They absorb shock and keep your spine flexible. Over time, the discs can degenerate or break down. Degenerative disc disease happens when this breakdown occurs in one or more of the discs in your spine.
Symptoms of Disc Degenerative Disease
The symptoms of degenerative disc disease include:
- Pain in the back or neck
- Neck pain that radiates down your arm
- Weakness or numbness in your arms
- Tingling or burning sensations in your feet or hands
- Difficulty walking
Chiropractic Care for Degenerative Disc Diseases
If you are diagnosed with degenerative disc disease, chiropractic care is one of the best treatments. Chiropractors use chiropractic adjustments to realign your spine, which can help relieve your pain. We may also recommend other treatments, such as:
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy can improve blood flow and reduce inflammation.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy can restore your range of motion and strength.
- Joint mobilization: Joint mobilization can help the movement of your joints and reduce pain.
- Nutritional counseling: Nutrition counseling can help you to make healthy dietary choices to reduce the progression of degenerative disc disease.
- Exercise: Exercising regularly can improve your overall health and reduce your risk of developing degenerative disc disease.
Visit Advanced Chiropractic in Klamath Falls, OR
If you have been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease or suspect you may have one, our chiropractors at Advanced Chiropractic can help. We provide quality chiropractic care to treat a wide range of health conditions, including DDD. Best of all, chiropractic care does not rely on pain medication or invasive procedures like surgery to produce results. Call our team today at (541) 273-5433 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.