Whiplash Treatment in Klamath Falls, OR at Advanced Chiropractic
As a chiropractor in Klamath Falls, OR, Dr. James Yewchuk doesn't see just the condition you come in with—he sees you as a person, and strives to understand all the unique factors from your lifestyle and health history which are contributing to your discomfort. This "whole person" approach even applies to acute conditions like whiplash, which is a common ailment following car crashes and other types of trauma.
Why Whiplash Happens
When your neck is forced to bend back and forth like a whip, the tissues in your cervical spine can easily become damaged due to the strain and tension. Why might this happen? Car accidents, especially rear-end collisions, are a leading cause. But whiplash also happens in people who fall at work or during sports, or who experience any sort of physical trauma that imposes sudden deceleration or change of direction in the body.
Symptoms of Whiplash
People who come to see us for whiplash want relief from their most uncomfortable symptoms, including things like:
- Neck pain
- Neck stiffness
- Jaw pain
- Ringing in the ears
- Shoulder and arm pain, numbness, and tingling
Whiplash can also occur with other issues such as back pain, concussions, or sciatica. These symptoms usually show up within a day or two after the precipitating accident. But sometimes, due to the way stress hormones mask pain and surge in times of trauma and stress, they may be delayed for days, weeks, or months. It's why we always advise you to consult with a chiropractor after a traumatic accident, even if you think you're fine. We can diagnose hidden signs of trauma and inflammation and prevent symptoms from worsening or developing.
Whiplash Treatment With Our Klamath Falls Chiropractor
How can we help you or your loved one dealing with an episode of whiplash? Our chiropractic services are customizable, comprehensive, and completely drug-free. They work with your body to accelerate healing, instead of just masking the symptoms.
Common chiropractic services we use for whiplash treatment include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: our gentle manual techniques realign your joints and trigger nervous system-mediated pain relief
- Spinal decompression: using specialized tables, we can non-surgically decompress your back and neck to alleviate pressure on discs or nerves which have been pinched or injured due to your accident
- Massage therapy: ease your physical and mental tension with the restorative therapeutic touch
- Corrective exercises: strengthen your back and core muscles to improve neck alignment, and learn custom exercises geared toward healing cervical and shoulder muscles
Is Your Neck in Pain After Your Accident? Contact Advanced Chiropractic Today!
Call Advanced Chiropractic at (541) 273-5433 to schedule your initial consultation and get started with your whiplash recovery ASAP.