Non-Surgical Spinal Stenosis Treatment in Klamath Falls OR
It can be both frightening and difficult to figure out why you're experiencing disturbing symptoms like pain, numbness, and loss of muscle function in your upper or lower extremities. In many cases, the root cause is a condition known as spinal stenosis. This problem, which involves a narrowing of the spinal canal, can interfere with nerve function to the point that your everyday life is affected. The good news is that you may not need surgery to relieve your symptoms. Here at Advanced Chiropractic, we can provide non-surgical spinal stenosis treatment for Klamath Falls, OR.
Understanding Spinal Stenosis: Causes and Effects
Spinal stenosis is an unnatural narrowing of the space provided in the spinal column for the spinal cord. As the spinal canal grows narrower, it can impinge upon the spinal cord tissue. This compression can cause nerve signals to misfire or fail to reach their destinations. Some of the common causes of spinal stenosis include:
- Bulging or herniated discs - A bulging or herniated disc can press against the spinal cord tissue.
- Bone spurs - One of the complications of spinal osteoarthritis is the development of bony overgrowths, known as bone spurs, which can compress the spinal cord.
- Spinal misalignment - An acute injury or chronic alignment problem can cause vertebrae to intrude on the spinal canal.
- Ligament changes - If your spinal ligaments become stiff and swollen, they can create spinal nerve compression.
Spinal stenosis can take place in the cervical spine, but it is a more common occurrence in the lumbar spine. Lumbar spinal stenosis can cause pain, tingling, numbness, or loss of function in the legs and feet, as well as back pain. Cervical spinal stenosis causes neck pain instead of back pain, and its neurological symptoms afflict the arms and hands. It can even cause loss of bladder or bowel control.
Our Chiropractor Can Relieve Your Stenosis Symptoms
Bring your stenosis symptoms to Advanced Chiropractic. Our chiropractor can X-ray your spine to look for narrowed spots along the spinal canal. You may have more than one such area. We can then prescribe a holistic treatment plan featuring:
- Chiropractic adjustments to correct an alignment problem
- Spinal decompression to shift bulging or herniated discs without surgery
- Massage therapy or cold laser therapy to reduce swelling and inflammation in spinal ligaments
Make an Appointment at Advanced Chiropractic Today
That narrowing of your spinal canal doesn't have to limit your ability to enjoy life. Call Advanced Chiropractic at (541) 273-5433 today to schedule all-natural stenosis treatment in Klamath Falls, OR!